Provella™ has unique advantages.
Provella™ promotes digestive, feminine, and immune health*
Due to factors including antibiotic use or diet, many women are at risk of suffering from unbalanced gastrointestinal (GI) or vaginal flora.1-3
- Provella™ contains a proprietary blend of 6 bacterial strains chosen specifically for maximum benefit to women.*
- Lactobacilli support urogenital health and aid proper digestion.4,5
- Bifidobacteria have gastrointestinal benefits and support healthy immune responses.6
- Provella™ contains 2 billion colony forming units (CFUs) per dose, guaranteed at time of expiry.
All products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.7-16
†The number of live bacteria in a probiotic supplement typically decreases as the product progresses through its shelf life. Choosing a product that specifies a CFU level “through the end of shelf life” rather than “at the time of manufacture” can help provide reassurance that the product contains live probiotics.17-19
1. Gill HS, Guarner F. Probiotics and human health: a clinical perspective. Postgrad Med J. 2004;80(947):516-526. 2. FAQ. Frequently asked questions. FAQ028. Gynecologic problems. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Web site. http://www.acog.org/~/media/ For%20Patients/faq028.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20120307T1035130561. Accessed March 7, 2012. 3. Sanz Y. Effects of a gluten-free diet on gut microbiota and immune function in healthy adult humans. Gut Microbes. 2010;1(3):135-137. 4. Lactobacillus. MedlinePlus Web site. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/790.html. Accessed March 2, 2012. 5. Acidophilus. Mayo Clinic Web site. http://www.mayoclinic.com/ health/lactobacillus/NS_patient-acidophilus. Accessed February 14, 2012. 6. Bifidobacteria. Web MD Web site. http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-891-BIFIDOBACTE.... Accessed March 20, 2012. 7. Align product information. Align Probiotic Supplement Web site. http://www.aligngi.com/information-on-Align-probiotic-supplement. Accessed March 21, 2012. Align® is a registered trademark of Procter & Gamble. 8. Supplement facts. Culturelle Web site. http://www.culturelle.com/about_culturelle/product_digestive30. Accessed March 21, 2012. Culturelle® is distributed by i-Health, Inc. 9. Fem-Dophilus. Jarrow Formulas Web site. http://www.jarrow.com/product.php?prodid=391. Accessed March 22, 2012. Fem-Dophilus® is a registered trademark of Jarrow Formulas. 10. Unique blend of probiotic strains. Double-strength Flora-Q 2 Web site. http://www.floraq.com/IL306-FloraQ2PISup.pdf. Accessed March 22, 2012. Flora-Q™ 2 is a trademark of Kenwood Therapeutics. 11. Florajen high potency acidophilus. Florajen dietary supplement Web site. http://www.florajen.com/faq.shtml. Accessed March 22, 2012. Florajen® is a registered trademark of American Lifeline, Inc. 12. Active ingredient. Florastor Web site. http://florastor.com/healthcare-professionals/active-ingredient. Accessed March 22, 2012. Florastor® is a registered trademark of Biocodex. 13. The smarter probiotic. Pearls Probiotics Web site. http://www.pearlsprobiotics.com/Products/04213-Pearls-YB.aspx. Accessed May 17, 2012. Pearls™ is a trademark of Enzymatic Therapy, Inc. 14. Phillips’ Colon Health Probiotic Caps. Phillips’ Web site. http://phillipsrelief.com/products/colon-health-probiotic-caps. Accessed March 21, 2012. Phillips® is a registered trademark of Bayer Healthcare LLC. 15. Frequently asked questions. RepHresh Pro-B Web site. http://www.rephreshprob.com/ FAQ/FAQ.aspx. Accessed March 22, 2012. RepHresh Pro-B™ is a trademark of Lil' Drug Store Products, Inc. 16. Restora product information. US Pharmaceutical Corporation Web site. http://www.uspco.com/restora/restora_product_info.aspx. Accessed April 3, 2012. Restora™ is a trademark of US Pharmaceutical Corporation. 17. Kligler B, Cohrssen A. Probiotics. Am Fam Physician. 2008;78(9):1073-1078. 18. Benefits of probiotics in the management of gastrointestinal disease. Power-Pak C.E. www.powerpak.com/course/print/108027. Accessed December 20, 2011. 19. http://www.usprobiotics.org/faqs.asp. Accessed June 1, 2012.